Monday, February 05, 2007

Goodbye Vickie! You will Be Missed!!!


Well, It has happened again. An old friend of mine passed away yesterday suddenly. She was diagnosed over the holidays with Breast Cancer.

On a fluke, I happened to call her less than 2 weeks ago and discovered this. She didn't sound good, but she sounded like she was on the road to recovery. She had gone home, was on her first round of chemo, when complications arised over the weekend. By Early Sunday morning, she was gone......True to her nature, she left at the end of the full moon. This aspect of the whole ordeal touched me deeply.

I don't think I will ever meet anyone quite like her. In fact, I know I won't.

She was a humanitarian, very nurturing, giving, and she saw only the best in people. I had gotten out of prison earlier that same year our paths were to cross and every time I brought this fact up that I wasn't like her, she would look at me and said well of course you are, you are a beautiful human being, and well worth loving yourself. Then she proceeded to show me life from a different viewpoint.

We had walks on the beach at sunset so that we could see the moon rise.

Lots of
flowers and planting more all the time, and I became an apprentice in her yard. Trips to Fred Meyers to rescue the near dead plants in the back, brought carefully back to life, and yes - those flowers bloomed fuller than any other I have seen.

This is how she treated me also. I see myself as one of the half dead plants on the back shelf that she scooped up and gently brought back to life.

PJ's....There were late night rides in our pj's, if we were restless, we would hop in and go! She felt that was pretty fun.

Goodbye Vickie, thank you for opening my eyes to beautiful things. I will keep a look out for you amongst the prettier things in this world, and I am sure your essence will be there.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home