Friday, August 29, 2008

Shot 6/42 to go!

Well it is friday evening and I just took my 6th shot! Small mishap and this happened a couple of weeks ago. I stabbed my finger with the needle and ruined it. Luckily I got some extra ones from work from a nurse who I work with. Tomorrow I am heading off to Spokane with Adrian to Spokane Labor Day Pow Wow. I know we will have fun! Last weekend we went to my reservation (i am a makah indian), so we went up to Makah days and had a blast there.
I felt a little weird taking shot tonight as I already feel sick to my stomache today with some hot flashing and the watery mouth that lets me feel I may be puking soon.

Yesterday: miserable, riba raged etc. I will be back on Monday and post more about my last week and how the shot is going.

Have a safe holiday everyone!

Lisa

5 Comments:

Blogger My Other Blog said...

I hope you had a fantastic weekend! You are doing great!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

You are doing Great!

The nausea will probably get somewhat better. Don't forget to eat fatty foods with the Ribavirin. Iris taught me that one, and it really does help!

Hang in there Girl! You're Killing the virus!

((Hugs))
Laurie

5:14 AM  
Blogger My Other Blog said...

Hi, I read you comment on Laurie's blog - you need to talk to your doctor about possible dose reductions - if you can't get rescue drugs like Procrit for anemia or Neupogen for neutropenia - before they pull you off treatment. And, you need to pull yourself together when you talk to your nurse or anyone else at your doctor's office. Sounding depressed/angry just gives them more ammunition, if they want to stop your treatment. You have to play the game. Anti-depressants are practically standard for people on treatment and can make life a lot more enjoyable. I hope you can get this worked out.
All the best,
MYS

5:10 AM  
Blogger Terry Lee said...

I hope that your doctor sees the need for the procrit. The nurse is a 4 star jerk!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Lisa,

How are you?

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home