Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Night


Well it is almost time for bed although I am not even drowsy yet. I made it into work today and was able to spend most of the day working on my newsletter I do for our department.

Sx's I am experiencing - itchy irritated throat that I must clear frequently. Some fatigue this afternoon of being unbearably tired and yawning at work. Very chilly today. I had some personal moments last night as far as being irritable.
I am somewhat depressed also.
I just realized that maybe I am depending too much on Adrian.

I felt bad because the day of his b-day party, i became violently ill while making his chili (about 36 hours after 1st shot). I hurled for ever in the bathroom. Then got a coughing attack which lasted just as long. Managed to get the chili made and got all ready makeup and all to start hurling again, meanwhile trying to blink my eyes so as to not smear the freshly applied makeup.


Luckily i work at a clinic. So I am surrounded by Dr.s and nurses all day long. I have a lot of comfort in this.

I feel like I am whining. This is just the beginning, so I need to chill.

I am glad I got to talk to someone I hadn't talked to in a while tonight. I miss my friends, all of them.

Thats about all for me, it id 11:16 and I am not even tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger My Other Blog said...

Hi Lisa - try taking your Riba with fatty food, in the middle of a meal. Literally - eat 1/2 a fatty meal, stop, take your ribas, then eat the rest of the meal. I think the nausea side is due entirely to Riba not being absorbed in the bloodstream properly, so following this trick should help a lot.
All the best,
MYS

1:31 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Some of this does get a little easier. Your body will start to adjust to the drugs a little....or is it that we just begin to lower our expactations of what "feeling good" is all about? Either way you'll begin to learn how to cope and to manage the side effects.

The beginning is ruff.

Do you know what Geno type you are or how many weeks you'll have to treat?

I'm Geno type 1b and I have a tx sentence of 48 weeks.....blahhhh!

Try to rest as much as possible, it'll help with the feeling blue.

Someone explained it well to me once...You are now at war 24 hours a day. Your body is fighting like hell against a nasty ass virus and now you've introduced some nasty ass drugs to the mixture.

Your body is working around the clock to win and to cope. It's working hard even while you sleep.

That's why we wake up so tired.

Rest whenever you can. Sleep as much as you can. You need it.

Hang in there Lisa!

((Hugs))
Laurie

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home